Spring has just begun, which is the perfect time to set yourself some new goals and take your workouts outside! With summer just around the corner, now is a great time to start working on your best summer body yet.
Spring is one of my favorite seasons because everything about it screams “fresh start”. By now, new years resolutions are a thing of the past and it’s time to have a fresh mindset! If the last few months didn’t go as planned, because life happens…now is the time to start over and kick it up a notch. Let spring be the time that you accomplish those goals. Just as the flowers are blooming and starting to come out, let your mind and body do the same. Grow both mentally and physically! Let yourself have a fresh slate, that way you are ready to go into these next few months with motivation like never before!
Another reason why spring is one of my favorite seasons is because the weather is beautiful, giving you the opportunity to get outside and switch things up a bit. Some of my favorite ways to get active outdoors is to:
- Go on a morning run! Not only is the morning ideal running whether (not too hot or too cold) but it’s also a great way to start the day and to get some endorphins nice and early.
- Go on a hike! Hiking is a great way to get some cardio in while spending time with friends and family.
- Workout outside! This could be as easy as going to a park and doing step ups on a bench, push ups, squat jumps, tricep dips, etc.
- The sun is out, so it’s perfect to do some cardio that the gym doesn’t necessarily offer, such as biking, rollerblading, and swimming!
- If you live by a beach or lake, go running along a trail or on the sand. Again, break out of that winter haze, get outisde where the weather and scenery are beautiful!
The change in seasons gives us the opportunity to switch things up a bit from our same old routine. Plateaus happen to the best of us, as well as a lack of motivation, because…well, we can’t be “go go go” all the time, life happens. Also, many hit plateaus during the winter months due to what is referred to as “seasonal depression”, hindering motivation and energy levels. Switching up your workouts and getting yourself out in the sun will help you move past this plateau. You’ll be challenging your body because it will be working harder to keep up in the warmer weather and you’ll most likely be doing different exercises than you normally do at of the gym! It’ll boost your endorphins, you’ll be getting tons of fresh air and sun and will overall feel elated and motivated.So, start spring off on the right foot to enter summer already two steps ahead. Set yourself a goal, whether it’s to lose 5lbs or to get outside once a week and go on a run or take your workout outside, or spend some time with your friends and family and go on a hike. Whatever your goal may be, there’s no better time to crush your goals than right now!