SEE ALL POSTS
Add some drama to your chicken.
When prepping meals for the week, chicken is a staple. But sick of the same ole seasoning you usually top your chicken with? This Balsamic chicken is a simple and easy way to spice things up a bit.
- 2lbs chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp no oil balsamic dressing
- 1 tbsp red chili sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ginger
Macros for 4oz chicken (not including veggies or starch)
- Preheat oven to 405 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix together ingredients for sauce
- Put chicken in large ziploc bag
- Pour sauce into bag with chicken and seal bag. Let the chicken marinate real good in the sauce ~20-25min
- Take marinated chicken out of bag, place on baking sheet, and bake at 405 degrees for 15-20min
- For a balanced meal, serve with your choice of veggies and starch
132 calories, 26g protein, 3g carbs, 2g fat
POW! This healthier option of a typical Chinese food is a great recipe to try if you’re looking to spice up your weekly meal prep. The way we prepared this dish is a little lighter than what you might be used to, but the red chili pepper sauce adds a slight kick of flavor leaving you feeling satisfied with a balanced meal AND light on your feet. Get your chef’s hat on and get crackin!
- 2lb chopped chicken breasts
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups chopped colorful bell peppers (red, yellow, orange)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 4 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce/paste or ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
Macros (1 of 6 servings; without rice or quinoa):
- Chop up the bell peppers and set aside (This is a quick recipe, so it's easier to have these prepped and ready to go. You'll thank us later)
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce and whisk together in a bowl, set aside.
- Set a skillet on medium heat and spray with extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, toss in chopped garlic and sear for about 1-2 minutes. Then add chopped chicken breasts and cook the chicken until the outside of it is seared, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Then, add chopped bell peppers and sear for about 3 minutes. Then add snow peas.
- Slowly pour in the sauce and stir frequently.
- Toss in the raw cashews and stir.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa.
321 calories, 38g protein, 13g carbs, 13g fat, 2g fiber
Here’s a fast and easy way to eat your eggs and get some veggies in your system right away in the morning. This breakfast casserole is a balanced meal packed with protein and flavor to start your morning off right. Add this to your next weekly meal prep and simply heat it up in the morning before you crush the day!
- 3/4lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 360g sweet potatoes, diced
- 5 eggs
- 10 egg whites
- 1 large zucchini (chopped)
- 2 red bell peppers (diced)
- 1 cup chopped Portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1.25 cup reduced fat cheddar
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced or paste)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Macros for 1 of 6 servings
- Set oven to 420F
- Cut raw sweet potatoes into small pieces and spread them out on a baking sheet. Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, let’s get cracking on the ground turkey and eggs. Set a skillet on medium-high heat and toss in turkey. Then sprinkle in the garlic and Italian seasoning to the skillet and stir. Remove from heat once the meat is completely cooked and no longer pink.
- In a bowl beat together eggs, and skim milk.
- In individual baking (aluminum) tins: layer in the cooked ground turkey, sweet potato, zucchini, mushrooms and bell pepper.
- Lastly, pour in the eggs and top with reduced fat cheddar.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 420F
330 calories, 34g protein, 15g carbohydrates, 13g fat, 2g fiber
This Sesame Beef and Broccoli recipe is a bangin Asian option to spice up your meal prep. It’s quick and easy to make and you might actually look forward to heating up some of your prepped food with this added to your lineup of Tupperware in the fridge!
- 1.5lb lean flank steak
- 3 cups broccoli florets (raw)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup low sodium beef stock
- ½ cup Bragg Liquid Aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced or paste)
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
Macros for 1 of 4 servings (without rice/quinoa)
- We're going to start by making the sauce in a small bowl. Whisk together the beef stock, liquid aminos, olive oil, corn starch and rice vinegar.
- Set a skillet on medium high heat and spray it with a little olive oil. Once the pan is hot, toss in garlic and blackberries. Sautee the blackberries for about 6-8 minutes. Gently mash down the berries using a spatula and stir them at the same time so that they do not burn.
- Add the bowl of sauce to the skillet, reduce the heat to medium and stir the sauce so that it begins to thicken.
- Toss in thin slices of flank stank and cook for about 4 minutes or until the beef is no longer pink.
- In a separate sauce pan/skillet, fry sliced bell peppers and stir quickly. As much as possible try to sear the bell peppers. Cook for about 3 minutes and then add the broccoli florets.
- Then add the vegetables to the beef and sauce combo and stir the mixture until everything is evenly coated in the sauce. Cook and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with with brown rice or quinoa.
372 calories, 40g protein, 21g carbohydrates, 14g fat
Don’t eat bro food all the time, add some flavor to your life so you’re not eating plain chicken and rice for every meal. This Sweet Potato Lasagna is designed to be fast and easy to make even for the average chef trying to meal prep between the hours of juggling the million other things going on in life. Here’s a great option to get a protein packed meal that calls for sweet potato instead of pasta, giving you all those rich complex carbohydrates. So, strap on your apron, pull together the following ingredients, grab 4 small aluminum tins and let’s get started!
- 1.5lb lean mean ground turkey
- 400g sweet potato (100g each lasagna, thinly sliced)
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup reduced fat mozzarella
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 15oz organic tomato sauce (no salt)
- 1/3 cup mushrooms
- 1/3 cup red onions
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- ~ ½ cup chopped cilantro (use as desired)
- Seasonings: 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, sea salt, pepper
- Turn on your oven and BAKE at 375F
- Slice sweet potato for you to make your layers and chopity chop up the tomatoes, onions and mushrooms
- Mix cottage cheese with egg white and set aside
- In a pan on the stovetop, sauté red onions with garlic paste. Then add the meat, tomatoes, cilantro, mushrooms, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning. Thoroughly cook the meat sauce until turkey is brown.
- Now time to build the lasagna - let's go step by step here so we don't miss a layer
- First, add a layer of your beautiful sweet potato slices
- Then add the meat sauce (Not all of it! Save some for the second layer)
- Add cottage cheese/egg white mixture
- Another layer of sweet potato
- MORE MEAT
- Add any remaining white stuff
- Top with mozzarella
6. Bake in oven for 45 minutes at 375F
VIOLA! You've got 4 meals all prepped and ready to go for your busy week ahead.
Macros Per Serving (Makes 4 servings)
404 calories; 53g protein, 34g carbs, 7g fat