Finally! The long awaited egg white oatmeal recipe! This is one of my most asked questions so I thought I would do everyone a favor and let you in on the secret to making oatmeal like you’ve never experienced before.
This has been a staple in my diet for years. I eat this not only for breakfast but who doesn’t like breakfast for dinner too? The best part about this recipe is the versatility. Just like people aren’t all the same, neither is our oatmeal, right? You like to swim in your oats? Add more water. You like them dry as the desert? Don’t add as much water. You like them sweet? Add a pack of stevia. You like them nutty? Add some peanut butter. The possibilities are endless when it comes to oatmeal and that’s why I love it so much.
If you happen to try it out – TAG ME! I would love to see your creations and what you add to your bowl to take oatmeal to a whole new level. Get ready to never go back to regular oatmeal EVER again.
Egg white oatmeal uses a 1:1 ratio. Ex: 1/3 cup of oats you would use 1/3 cup of egg whites.
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
- Any toppings you like (Banana and peanut butter are my favorite)
- Stir in oats and water into your bowl and cook in microwave for about 60 seconds
- Sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon and stir in egg whites
- Cook on high for 30 seconds
- Stir in water to the consistency you desire
- Keep cooking oats for 30 second intervals adding water when necessary until your oats are the fluffy consistency that you want
- Top your oats with anything you like
- EAT AND ENJOY!
142 calories; 12g protein, 19g carbs, 2g fat
Some of my favorite types of oat bowls:
- Simple peanut butter, banana and honey – My favorite!
- Maple cinnamon – Add a tsp of maple syrup and some extra cinnamon
- Fruit & Nut delight – Add fresh fruit (strawberries, raspberries, apples) with sliced nuts and a tablespoon on nut butter
- Chocolate banana – Top with sliced banana and a few chocolate chips (They melt!!)
- Apple crisp – Add sliced apples, cinnamon and stir in a handful of raisins