POW! This healthier option of a typical Chinese food is a great recipe to try if you’re looking to spice up your weekly meal prep. The way we prepared this dish is a little lighter than what you might be used to, but the red chili pepper sauce adds a slight kick of flavor leaving you feeling satisfied with a balanced meal AND light on your feet. Get your chef’s hat on and get crackin!
- 2lb chopped chicken breasts
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups chopped colorful bell peppers (red, yellow, orange)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 4 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce/paste or ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- Chop up the bell peppers and set aside (This is a quick recipe, so it's easier to have these prepped and ready to go. You'll thank us later)
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce and whisk together in a bowl, set aside.
- Set a skillet on medium heat and spray with extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, toss in chopped garlic and sear for about 1-2 minutes. Then add chopped chicken breasts and cook the chicken until the outside of it is seared, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Then, add chopped bell peppers and sear for about 3 minutes. Then add snow peas.
- Slowly pour in the sauce and stir frequently.
- Toss in the raw cashews and stir.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa.
321 calories, 38g protein, 13g carbs, 13g fat, 2g fiber