Here’s a fast and easy way to eat your eggs and get some veggies in your system right away in the morning. This breakfast casserole is a balanced meal packed with protein and flavor to start your morning off right. Add this to your next weekly meal prep and simply heat it up in the morning before you crush the day!
- 3/4lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 360g sweet potatoes, diced
- 5 eggs
- 10 egg whites
- 1 large zucchini (chopped)
- 2 red bell peppers (diced)
- 1 cup chopped Portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1.25 cup reduced fat cheddar
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced or paste)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Set oven to 420F
- Cut raw sweet potatoes into small pieces and spread them out on a baking sheet. Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, let’s get cracking on the ground turkey and eggs. Set a skillet on medium-high heat and toss in turkey. Then sprinkle in the garlic and Italian seasoning to the skillet and stir. Remove from heat once the meat is completely cooked and no longer pink.
- In a bowl beat together eggs, and skim milk.
- In individual baking (aluminum) tins: layer in the cooked ground turkey, sweet potato, zucchini, mushrooms and bell pepper.
- Lastly, pour in the eggs and top with reduced fat cheddar.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 420F
330 calories, 34g protein, 15g carbohydrates, 13g fat, 2g fiber