This Sesame Beef and Broccoli recipe is a bangin Asian option to spice up your meal prep. It’s quick and easy to make and you might actually look forward to heating up some of your prepped food with this added to your lineup of Tupperware in the fridge!
- 1.5lb lean flank steak
- 3 cups broccoli florets (raw)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup low sodium beef stock
- ½ cup Bragg Liquid Aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced or paste)
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- We're going to start by making the sauce in a small bowl. Whisk together the beef stock, liquid aminos, olive oil, corn starch and rice vinegar.
- Set a skillet on medium high heat and spray it with a little olive oil. Once the pan is hot, toss in garlic and blackberries. Sautee the blackberries for about 6-8 minutes. Gently mash down the berries using a spatula and stir them at the same time so that they do not burn.
- Add the bowl of sauce to the skillet, reduce the heat to medium and stir the sauce so that it begins to thicken.
- Toss in thin slices of flank stank and cook for about 4 minutes or until the beef is no longer pink.
- In a separate sauce pan/skillet, fry sliced bell peppers and stir quickly. As much as possible try to sear the bell peppers. Cook for about 3 minutes and then add the broccoli florets.
- Then add the vegetables to the beef and sauce combo and stir the mixture until everything is evenly coated in the sauce. Cook and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with with brown rice or quinoa.
372 calories, 40g protein, 21g carbohydrates, 14g fat