This isn't just any regular Cinnamon Roll (although those are delicious beyond belief as well)! Kat, one of our wonderful Crushers, shared her recipe for her Cinnamon Buns of Steel. These are packed with protein and taste incredible!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop protein powder of your choice (I used Quest Vanilla Milkshake)
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white (3 Tbsp out of the carton)
- 2 tsp Stevia
- 3 Tbsp water (I subbed 1 Tbsp with Torani sugarfree caramel syrup)
- I also add a splash of vanilla, butter extract, and a pinch of salt.
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Stevia
- 1 Tbsp water (I used Walden Farms maple syrup instead)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dough ingredients.
- Mix the dough ingredients until it forms a solid dough.
- Sprinkle some coconut flour on the surface and the rolling pin because the dough is super sticky.
- Roll it out into a rectangle, or as much of a rectangle as possible.
- Place the rectangle on a baking sheet sprayed with baking spray.
- Mix the filling.
- Spread the filling over the dough evenly.
- Roll it up and sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with whatever you wish! I highly suggest MuscleButter Birthday Cake Cashew Spread or Nuts n' More Toffee Crunch peanut butter.
252 calories; 34g protein, 4g fat, 20g carbs, 12g fiber