Did someone say tacos?! You can enjoy the all time favorite in a healthy manner, leaving you light on your feet. This version is made with lean ground turkey instead of beef and is served on lettuce leaves instead of tortillas – a lot more macro friendly! Even though this recipe is “healthy” doesn’t mean you lose any flavor. You still get the taste from the taco seasoning and the lighter macros gives you extra room to play with your toppings. It's a win-win!INGREDIENTS:
- 1lb lean ground turkey (we used 93/7)
- Taco seasoning
- ¾ cup of water
- Romain lettuce leaves
- Diced tomoato
- Diced onion
- Greek yogurt (a good substitute for sour cream for added protein)
- Chopped cilantro
- Chop up and prep toppings. Set aside.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and cook turkey until brown.
- Add in taco seasoning.
- Add in ¾ cup of water.
- Stir in seasoning and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Spoon meat into lettuce leaves.
- Load these babies up with whatever toppings you’d like!
We used a pre-made taco seasoning for convenience, but feel free to whip up your own concoction! Also, if your macros allow for it, serve on tortillas!Macros per taco without toppings (recipe makes 6 tacos):
138 calories; 15g protein, 6g fat, 3.9g carbs, 0.5g fiber